Never News: Books and Comics

The Literature review section of Never News

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Andi Watson - Dumped

I just got a copy of Andi Watson's Dumped in the mail today. And read it. It's a quick read, but more than worth it--for 6 bucks, the story is more than engaging, Watson's art is subtle and loose, and the characters are people you wished you knew. I had picked up the first few copies of Love Fights back when they were single issues from Oni, and really enjoyed them--then got too poor to continue. Conveniently, they're in trade form now.

I got Dumped before the LF books simply because it was so cheap and Andi himself said in an interview (that I'm hard-pressed to find now) that he thinks that's a good starting point in his work.

I'm quite impressed and shall be picking up his other works (the famous Skeleton Key, The Complete Geisha {Which I'm really excited for}, Breakfast After Noon, and Slow News Day {not to mention the two Love Fights books}) sometime after the holidays. Check 'em out. You'll like 'em.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home